[rant]
What am I? A pathetic, stunted little shrub, struggling, straining in vain to catch a single sunbeam, trying to grow. Overshadowed, crowded out, outcompeted, shoved unceremoniously into the dark shadows of mediocrity. By those tall rainforest trees, forty metres tall, with their huge spreading branches, proudly soaking in an excess of sun, happily ignorant of the plants below that grow yellow and thin in their cast shadows.
But why be a shrub, you ask? Why not be the common moss? Why not be the bits of fern, content just to carpet the dark forest floor?
Because I wanted to be a tree. Because I wanted the glorious sunrays upon my face, because I wanted to be the tallest tree ever, to have eagles perch on my limbs, to feel breezes from far away play with my topmost leaves. But I was a tree that failed, a tree that didn't grow fast enough.
Was it because of the poor soil underneath my roots? Was it because i tried to grow where too many tall trees already grew?
Or was it because I was never a tree after all.
Just a pathetic, stunted little shrub.
That wanted to be a tree.
[/rant]
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment