For example, there's a musical entitled Zombie Prom. Well that sounds like Schmetterling on her prom night.
There's also one called The 25th Annual Putman County Spelling Bee. What? Schmetterling didn't know spelling bees were suitable material for musicals. What could the songs possibly be about? Spelling?! How boring. Indeed, the songs were about spelling. They include:
- "Why we like Spelling" er.... OKAY. I don't. Rather cute song though. "People love to hate us/‘Cause we’re too damn smart". Reminds me of SOME people. "And we find/We love spelling/It makes us feel normal/We like spelling". Okay that's sick.
- "My Unfortunate Erection" this got me rolling on the floor in laughter. It's about the previous year's adolescent Spelling Bee champion lamenting about being disqualified from the competition due to his.... unfortunate circumstance. "Erection/Erection/My unfortunate erection/Whoa/It’s ruining my life/It’s ruining my world"
- The last line of the song was "Oh GOD!" Hahahahha.
Other funny songs include "Whatever Happened to my Part?!" from the musical Spamalot, where a diva complains about being replaced by Britney Spears, among other things.
" I've no Grammy no Rewards, I've no Tony Awards, I'm Constantly replaced with Britney Spears"
And " I Wannabe a Producer" from Producers. The title isn't THAT funny , but the song opens with :"Unhappy...unhappy..very unhappy/Unhappy...unhappy.../Very very very very very/Very very unhappy " . The persons singing this are accountants. That explains something. " I spend my life accounting/With figures and such " . Yech. What a boring life.
No comments:
Post a Comment