The mad old days of CO are back.
Well, sort of. It's not the same without a big group and sweltering weather.
Just when I thought I'd left the main challenge to my sanity back in Singapore for at least a little while, a miniature CO gets set up in Imperial! Enter the S-Ensemble, a group of extremely thick-skinned mostly-Singaporeans who think that less than a month is enough to practice for a concert.
Yep, we just had our concert yesterday. Sample repertoire: <<拜年>>, <<花好月圆>>,<< 甜密密>> and other blandly entertaining small ensemble music (but we had fun anyway), things like <<战马奔腾>> played by our "大师" from HK (one of those guys that seems to be super-talented and just about anything...), and mildly disturbing transcriptions of pop songs (that I of course have never ever heard).
Next week being CNY, we're pretty in demand right now. Tomorrow we're off to Cambridge to make some more noise (and get free dinner), and next week we have stuff on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. I am happy--haven't performed in a while. On the other hand, my sheng is very unhappy and refuses to work properly in the middle of this dull London winter.
And of course, this being a sort of CO, everybody is at least slightly insane. But that's another blog post for another day. I have to sleep now-- don't really want to miss the train to C. tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment