6.30 AM
My alarm goes off. I swat it. My roommate's alarm goes off. She swats it. This goes on for about an hour.
7.30 AM or thereabouts
We both proceed to the kitchen, where there is really not enough room for two people to prepare breakfast at the same time. The fridge door swings dangerously back and forth. There is worship of caffeinated beverages.
8-9.30AM
Slacking about in front of the computer/post-breakfast nap. Caffeinated naps are interesting.
10AM
First lecture of the day. I usually sit in the first three rows so I will be more motivated to take notes. I usually end up spacing out anyway.
11AM
Lunch break. Sometimes I go back to the flat, other times I stay in school and diligently read journal articles/surf Facebook/delete spam mails promising the permanent enlargement of an organ I do not possess.
1 PM
German.
Me: Have you studied for today's test?
Classmate (with finality): No.
Me (resigned): Me neither.
There is much death of brain cells.
2PM
Afternoon lectures. I sit in the front three rows to prevent myself from falling asleep. This never works unless I bring coffee with me. As a result, most of my lecture notes from the afternoon lectures are covered with pen skid marks from me nodding off. At least the lecturers don't seem to mind very much.
Sometimes there is lab in the afternoon. Counting 800 cells under a microscope is fun.
5PM
Slacking in front of the computer/ post-afternoon-lecture-nap nap.
7.30PM
Dinner. In a house of biologists and biochemists, there is invariably very interesting conversation at the dinner table. Also, a couple of them are obsessed with sex, and tend to speak of things that should not be spoken of when one's dining companions have food/liquid in their mouths.
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment