New year's resolution #38: Prevent blog from stagnating.
* * *
The immunology lecturer is... cheem. When I listen to him, it's nearly like religon-- he's saying something just that little bit out of my grasp, and if I could just understand what he's going on about I will be transported to a higher plane of existence. Seriously, all that guy needs is dramatic lighting and a choir hiding behind the projector.
* * *
The following was written under a post-concert high and should be read with caution. Please ensure your insurance cover is adequate and up todate.
Am just home from watching the musical Chicago at a theatre in Covent Garden. The theatre was small and dingy, and I got a seat with a bad view, but I enjoyed myself nonetheless! *OMGDUNCANJAMESSQUEE*
*cough*
I think this is the first musical I've watched with the orchestra onstage. And in the centre of everything. And with the conductor interacting with the cast/audience every now and then. The musicians all had great (onstage) personalities, and the conductor was probably running on some potent mix of battery fluid and 1M caffeine solution.
The choreography was great, too! And lots of eye candy in the form of buff men in tight black trousers and sheer/cropped/nonexistent shirts. Oops. Had to mop up the drool there. Loved the dancing, which was sensual and vigorous and breathtaking (having done dancing once upon a time I can appreciate how hard some of the moves are). And most of all, I loved the music! I am such a fan of big band jazz :D. And I think you might have deduced this from my previous squee, but Duncan James sang the part of Billy Flynn (!^infinity).
I watched Chicago the movie before Chicago the musical, which gave me a better grasp of the plot and allowed me to enjoy the music and dancing a bit more, I guess. Though I ended up expecting that the two female leads would be prettier XD. But all in all, it was great entertainment, and an evening well spent.
I hope your brains are still intact.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment