Tuesday, May 23, 2006
A Random Discourse on the State of Random Things
Well. I haven't thought of a coherent blog entry, but I have lots of stuff to say, so I shall just ramble and ramble and ramble and ramble for after all this is my blog and I have the inalienable right to ramble on it. To make it less obviously rambly, I shall attempt to organise them into discrete points.
1. On Apples
No no not on Apple, on apples. The red or green edible kind, not the expensive airconditioner-remote-like rectangular thingy with a wheel thingy that mysteriously goes 'click' when you twirl it. Well yes now, what of apples? Well they come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and colours and prices. The kind I particularly like is a kind of yellowish-red, and about the size of a ping-pong ball costing about S$2 for a pack of about five, while the largest I have seen was blood red, of the size of a cantaloupe and cost S$14 each. Which of course leads you to suspect that the kind of apple that William Tell balanced on his poor son's head and shot with an arrow was the huge red kind that simply screams "AIM HERE" and is impossible to miss, rather than the comparably microscopic variety that I gobble up in about, oh two bites. And apples just taste so nice, you know. Sweet, firm, crunchy, with a slight powdery taste... that's how I like my apples. And Xiang the hamster likes his apples too. He gets one slice about once a week, and the juice makes his whiskers all sticky.
2. On A Visit to my Grandparents'
Just yesterday I went to my grandparents' house for a visit and to spend the night there. Their doctrine seems to be "early to bed and early to rise, makes you healthy, wealthy and wise" , and their daily schedule (which is like clockwork) is almost 2-3 hours earlier than most people's. For example, I arrived at 3pm in the afternoon. At 5pm, I was told that dinner was served and would I please go eat my dinner now. Having just had my lunch at 2pm, I was feeling extremely uncomfortable and only managed to get all the food down by sheer willpower. It didn't help much that my grandmother was looking displeased at me eating "so little" when in fact I was eating enough for two elephants. Then my grandmother was scandalized to hear that I did not intend to retire to bed by 8pm(which is when she went to sleep) and after giving me a lecture on the evils of sleeping late, she insisted I drink a mug of Milo because I would be hungry. Right. Being the obedient granddaughter I complied, and rose to make the hot drink. She was utterly horrified, as she was sure I was going to scald myself or drop the hot water flask on my toe or something and she would be scolded by her son for letting anything happen to his precious daughter while she was in her house. Sigh. Anyway, the next day, I had breakfast at 9am and lunch at 10.30pm. And I am feeling very sick indeed thank you very much. (This doesn't change the fact that I adore my grandmother absolutely, forcefeeding notwistanding)
3. On CSI
Yeah I'm talking about the show where someone inevitably gets murdered every episode and then a group of people come along with all their powders and flashlights and other toys and have a jolly good time. I AM A TOTAL FAN! Of CSI and the spinoffs CSI: NY and CSI: Miami, though I like CSI best. (I like CSI : Miami least. One of the actors has puppy eyes that irritate me) It's just so interesting! You know. Bugs. Dead bodies. Cool tech equipment. Gory autopsies.... This is my sort of thing you know? Especially the bug part. You won't believe how many different types of bugs feature on this show. And the tarantulas. Cool. And I absolutely love it when they test-fire shotguns. Boom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment