


Life in London thus far is...
1) Quite pretty (refer to picture on the left). London is stuffed to bursting with pretty buildings; the one on the left is the entrance to the Natural History Musuem, which is just next to the school. I go there during lunch. Tee hee. However, not all buildings in London are pretty, duh. Some are absurd (like a mango-shaped building that my engineer room-mate is complaining about having to do a project on) and some look crumbly and old.
2) Faintly amusing. There are really odd things in London. Like "low sodium table salt", which I saw in a supermarket- really the ULTIMATE oxymoron. And of course there's my slightly mad roommate (aren't all engineers slightly mad anyway. I mean, who wants to build bridges, honestly.) And there's the picture on the far left, which I find quite funny.
3) Charming. Refer to picture on above right. That's Hyde Park on a really fine early autumn day. Nothing beats just sitting in the sun and looking up at the blue blue sky (sorry about the haze in SG).
4) Slightly scary. You hear police/ambulance sirens 3 times a day, on average. And this is a safe area. Did I mention that the traffic is frightening? Going to be knocked down by a car one of these days (am glad I have insurance). Also, the swans and ducks at Hyde Park are HUGE, and they have this disturbing habit of closing in on you when you've run out of bread....
Till next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment