Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I feel a migraine coming on

The Week So Far

Monday

Grew cells on coverslips for immnofluorescence microscopy. I had four plates of cells on a tray ready for transfection with DNA. I went to incubate my plasmids and when I came back, all ready to add the DNA to the cells, THERE WERE ONLY THREE PLATES.

Nevermind, I transfect three plates instead.

Tuesday

THERE WERE FOUR PLATES ON MY TRAY. ;ALDSKFJA;DKJF;LAKJDSF ??!


... I didn't think the mysteriously disappearing and reappearing one was usable, so I discarded it.

I incubate a portion of bacterial cells overnight so I could make competent cells for transformation.


Wednesday

SOMEONE TOOK MY CELLS OUT OF THE INCUBATOR/SHAKER.

I didn't know how long they'd been out of there, so I just stick them back in for an hour or two. Fine, just carry on as usual.

THEN THE TABLETOP CENTRIFUGE KEEPS TELLING ME MY TUBES ARE UNBALANCED. When they are the same weight. Exactly. I weighed them. Sooo it only starts to work after lunch -__-

No comments: