Weell.
Life has been so horribly busy. So busy, in fact, that I accidentally missed a musical I'd paid for (omg omg I can't believe my own stupidity). Also, there are a few people in my course that annoy me to no end, but that's a story for another day (not to mention I think they might come across this blog and then my life would become even more wretched than it is already).
Anyway.
I went riding yesterday. Ok, good.
And we went on a hack in the woods. Even better, as nice scenery is guaranteed.
And they put me on this massive hulking SHIRE HORSE -- 190cm at the shoulder and built like a bloody monster truck (I'm what, 163 cm tall and rather short in the leg). I had problems getting on even from a mounting block-- had to raise my foot above my navel just to get it in the stirrup.
And of course there was a great view of overhanging branches from that height. I think I was performing acrobatic feats all the time to avoid being knocked off like some villian in the chase scene of some spectacularly bad movie.
Oh, the ride was fun. We nearly ran over some squirrels, and I was deathly afraid that Guinness was going to mow down the tiny pony in front of him like a tank crushing sandbags. Very difficult to hold him back, as when 2000 pounds of horseflesh decides he wants to go fast, who are you, a mere wisp of a human, to say no? My arms hurt like hell today, and there are almost-blisters on my fingers from hauling at the reins.
It's rather exciting to ride a big horse, though. Just... maybe not the largest breed in current existence.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment