Monday, October 22, 2007

Best of Broadway

Yesterday evening, I attended a concert by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra at the Royal Albert Hall (Paid £5 for fabulous seats, HA HA WRITHE IN ENVY, LOSERS! *cough*). It's a really nice concert hall,all red and gold and huge, though the stage is a bit small. Imperial students graduate there! :D

Anyway. They were playing Broadway show tunes, and invited a few singers from the West End to join in the fun. The repertoire included songs from The Lion King, Les Miserables(!), Sunset Boulevard, Evita(!!), Fiddler on the Roof (!!!) Chicago (!!!OMGSQUEE!!!) and many others that I don't quite remember. Sorry I sound so revoltingly girlishly-excited, but there's just something about Broadway tunes (big band jazz!) that just gets to you, you know? (Though if it's Ger reading, I know that you don't know, so never mind. :D)And when they ended with excerpts from Mama Mia, the audience just started clapping in time, and eventually everyone got to their feet and started jiggling around in glee. Oh, the atmosphere.

Conclusion/summary/etc. : I love Broadway.

Conclusion/summary/etc. cont. : I love cheap tickets.

No comments: