Saturday, April 14, 2007

Pratchett Madness

I am very, very fond of Terry Pratchett's books. Here are some quotes from the books I've read:

"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
-- Agnes tells Christine about herself (Terry Pratchett, Maskerade)

Ahahahahaha! Ahahahaha! Aahahaha!BEWARE!!!!!Yrs sincerelyThe Opera Ghost
-- (Terry Pratchett, Maskerade)

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

He says gods like to see an atheist around. Gives them something to aim at."
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

"I used to think that I was stupid, and then I met philosophers."
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."
-- (Terry Pratchett, Jingo)

"Remember -- that which does not kill us can only make us stronger."
"And that which does kill us leaves us dead!"
-- (Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum)

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance.
-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

"?" he said.
-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

In the Beginning It was a nice day.
-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)


Much thanks to the website "The Pratchett Quote File" http://www.ie.lspace.org/books/pqf/index.html

No comments: