Went to watch The Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty's Theatre on Tuesday.
It was a wonderful performance, with fantastic props (think whole moving staircases a la Hogwarts. What? I may not like Harry Potter, but I am not uneducated.) , special effects and illusions ( I still have no idea how they did some of the disappearing acts -- in one the Phantom covered himself in a black cape and just vanished. I kid you not). Really lovely. There was even a massive chandelier that swung down beautifully. And the pyrotechnics! Fabulous!
Ok, shall not get too excited.
Yesterday, I went hacking. Meaning, I got on a ridiculously big horse and rode off into the woods on a very muddy trail. It was a beautiful, clear day, and the woods were dappled gold with the light of the setting sun. Birds sang from their perches in the trees, and squirrels scampered for cover as we rode past.
But it was also very cold and I nearly froze my ass off.
Several times, I found myself far too near some painful-looking holly trees for comfort. And dodging low-lying branches was also rather .... exciting. Very enjoyable, in all, and the horse was a dream to ride. Ah, I will miss this when I get back to SG.
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment