I will be leaving this place soon, and heaven knows when I'll be back. Probably not till next year.
What will I miss, people ask?
Somehow, I don't think it'll be the food.
Family and friends I will miss, definitely, but to what extent? I am not particularly close to anyone, and friendships are virtually (forgive the pun) maintained through MSN these days(that's what has been going on for the past.... 8-9 months, for me at least...)
It's the little things, I suppose.
The view of the reservoir from my window.
The sunset that irritates me from 5-6pm daily. (because of the *beep*ing glare it causes)
The wet, green smell after the rain. (Yes I live in a well vegetated area, thank heavens.)
Dammit, probably even my neighbour's noisy parrot.
And the trees. I am very very attached to tropical vegetation thankyewverymuch. The beautiful flame-of-the-forest that I admire every time I cross the overhead bridge. The weird tree with white blossoms below the flyover en route to school. The humongous tree overgrown with strangling fig in Fort Canning. The old droopy tree that dangles its branches in a frequently overlooked section of the Singapore River. Will miss them all.
And no, I am not mad. Or overly sentimental. Trees are worth worshipping.
Monday, September 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment